The capital city of Queensland and the gateway to the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast, Brisbane is the perfect place to base yourself when exploring South East Queensland.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Brisbane but aren’t sure where are the best suburbs to stay in Brisbane, don’t worry, we can help you out!
We’ve lived in Brisbane most of our lives and can tell you about all the different places to stay in Brisbane. In this ‘where to stay in Brisbane’ blog post, we will share tips about the best places to stay in Brisbane as well as a list of places to visit.
Once you have decided which is the best area to stay in Brisbane for your requirements, you can go through our list of the best place to stay in Brisbane for that area and pick the best Brisbane hotels.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below!
Quick Tips: Brisbane, Where to Stay
- Brisbane City – Close to everything!
- Southbank Brisbane – Best place to stay for families
- Fortitude Valley – Best for Brisbane nightlife
- West End – Best for budget accommodation & vegan food
- Petrie Terrace – Best for budget accommodation & close to transport
- New Farm & Teneriffe – Trendiest place to stay in Brisbane
- Kangaroo Point – Out of the city but not too far!
- Roma Street Parkland and Spring Hill – Close to parks and major transport
Brisbane City (Brisbane CBD)
Brisbane is the third largest city in Australia but the city centre or CBD is still quite compact compared to Australia’s two largest cities, Sydney and Melbourne.
The Brisbane CBD is conveniently located close to all the major tourist attractions as well as a large selection of shops (including the Queens Street Mall), cinemas and restaurants.
- Free City Centre Bus Loop
- Central Train Station
- Roma Street Station
- Queen Street Bus Station
- North Quay Ferry Terminal
Things to do in Brisbane City:
- Take the free tour of Brisbane City Hall
- Take a free tour to the top of the Brisbane City Hall clock tower
- Learn about the history of Brisbane at the Museum of Brisbane
- Stroll through the City Botanic Gardens
- Explore the street art in Burnett Lane
See the Old Windmill Observatory, the oldest convict-built structure in Queensland
- Visit the Treasury Casino
- Shopping in the Queen Street Mall
- Take a free ‘Brisbane Greeters’ walking tour